Dr. Poorva Parnaik is an Invisalign® dentist in Medford, New Jersey. This popular invisible braces treatment can be used for teens and adults who want to straighten their teeth without traditional metal braces. One of the reasons why patients love Invisalign® is that the trays are comfortable and removable so that you can eat what you want and care for your teeth without the typical hassles associated with traditional metal braces.
Dr. Parnaik uses an iTero scanner to take digital impressions and uses the high-resolution images in combination with Invisalign’s CAD/CAM software to create your personal treatment plan.
What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Invisalign® uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
Invisalign® Before & After
This patient came to our Medford dental office concerned about a broken tooth on the bottom right. After evaluating the bite, Dr. Parnaik identified that the broken tooth as a result of an uneven bite. Tooth crowding was contributing to the poor occlusion and risk for gum health.
Dr. Parnaik recommended Invisalign® treatment which took 5 months to complete. The patient also received teeth bleaching treatment which is complimentary in our office. The results are improved health and function. Esthetics was an added benefit and the patient is happy to show it.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- The process begins with taking digital impressions using the i-Tero scanner. This handheld device makes impressions a comfortable experience.
- The aligners are made through a combination of our expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the their final position.
- You’ll visit us about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners during treatment is between 18 – 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Schedule a Visit for Invisalign®
If you’re looking to straighten your smile, contact Invisalign® dentist Dr. Poorva Parnaik in Medford, NJ for a consultation. Call 609.365.0673 or schedule an appointment online.