Laser dentistry has greatly improved treatments for a range of dental concerns. Dental lasers are less invasive and more accurate than traditional oral surgery. Laser dentistry is a state-of-the-art technique that reduces downtimes and provides effective dental treatment. We strive to provide the best possible patient experience and results. Our office offers laser dentistry to treat gum disease and rejuvenate the gums. Learn more about how we use dental lasers can treat gum tissue in our Medford, NJ office.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry has revolutionized dental care. Patients enjoy many benefits from laser dentistry, including:
- Painless care
- Minimal bleeding
- Less swelling
- Reduced post-treatment downtime
- Natural tissue regeneration
- No need for drilling or sutures
- Reduced chances of infection
Patients can expect a virtually painless experience. Laser dentistry significantly reduces discomfort, swelling, and bleeding. It requires no cutting, drilling, or sutures. As a result, patients can recover their gum tissue from gum disease and restore their smile’s aesthetics. In addition, laser dentistry greatly reduces the chances of post-treatment infection and helps stimulate natural tissue regeneration speeding up recovery times.
Why is Gum Health Important?
Gum health is imperative to maintaining overall oral health. The gums are an integral part of stabilizing and protecting teeth. Aesthetically, gums play an essential role to balance the smile’s appearance.
Patients with gummy smiles or receding gum lines often seek cosmetic solutions to contour the gum line for a more attractive smile. Laser dentistry offers a noninvasive treatment option that can restore the gum line and bring balance to the smile.
Gums are susceptible to a bacterial infection known as periodontal disease. Also known as gum disease, periodontitis is a progressive bacterial infection that can damage the gums. Additionally, gum disease increases the risk of gum recession, tooth loss, and even cardiovascular disease. Laser dentistry is a minimally invasive technique that can remove the bacteria from deep pockets inside the gum line.
Treatment with Dental Lasers in Medford, NJ
Dental lasers can treat these problems:
- Receding Gum Lines: Laser dentistry can recontour gum lines for patients with a receding gum line. Receding gum lines also make patients susceptible to exposed tooth roots or tooth loss. We can use laser dentistry to push the gum line down to restore the balance between the teeth and the gum line.
- Gummy Smiles: Patients with gummy smiles can use laser dentistry to push the gum line back. Lasers can recontour the natural gum line for a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Gum Disease: Dental lasers gum pockets filled with harmful bacteria. For advanced cases of gum disease, laser dentistry can eliminate the need for traditional gum surgery. In addition, lasers offer a less invasive procedure that reduces downtimes and the need for sutures.
Do you have gum disease or a gummy smile? Are you looking for a comfortable, efficient way to renew your gum health? Call 609.365.0673 or schedule a dental appointment with Dr. Poorva Parnaik for comfortable laser dental care today. She will always be happy to answer your questions about dental lasers and gum treatment.