Do have dental fear or anxiety?
You’re not alone. Many adult and children patients experience dental fear or anxiety at some point in their life. Dental fear and anxiety can stem from many different factors.
Common dental fear factors:
- Fear of losing control
- Fear of needles
- Fear stemming from a past experience at the dentist
- Fear of drills and loud noises
- Fear of pain
At Dental Creations, Dr. Poorva Parnaik leads a team of compassionate, experienced dental professionals. Dr. Parnaik understands that dental fear and anxiety can stop patients from getting the dental care they need.
At Dental Creations we take the time to listen to your concerns and create an atmosphere where you feel safe, informed, and comfortable. Our Medford dental office is equipped with state of the art dental technology to help our patients receive the treatment they need. In some cases, Dr. Parnaik can offer patients non-invasive, effective treatments to improve their oral health. Dr. Parnaik will explore all avenues of treatment to ensure you receive the solution you need.
Visit Dental Creation in Medford, NJ for the dental care you need. To schedule an appointment, call or request an appointment online.
Dealing With Dental Fear
Try to follow these key tips to help keep you at ease throughout your visit. Dr. Parnaik can work with you to create an atmosphere where you feel comfortable.
- Bring a person that your trust to your dental visit. Bringing someone for moral support can help you feel comfortable in an unfamiliar space.
- Listen to an audiobook or music while you are receiving your treatment.
- Ask questions about your treatment.
- Take breaks if you begin to feel overwhelmed during your visit
- Consider sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry can be utilized for patients with extreme dental fra and anxiety. Dr. Parnaik is a member of the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS). We offer both oral conscious sedation and nitrous oxide in our Medford dental office.